The Mississauga Multilingual Fringe Festival (MMFF)
A Festival of many Firsts!
First Fringe Festival in the City of Mississauga!
First Fringe Festival in North America presenting South Asian arts and artists!
First Multilingual Fringe Festival!
Fun Facts: The first Fringe started in Edinburgh, Scotland in 1947 and has grown into one of the biggest performing arts festivals in the world. The largest festival in North America is in Edmonton, Alberta! There are over 250 Fringe Festivals across the globe!
Fringes are uncensored, non-juried theatre festivals, bringing together emerging and established artists alike to tell their stories on stage.
Guiding Principles of the Mississauga Multilingual Fringe Festival (MMFF)
The Mississauga Multilingual Fringe Festival is a proud member of the Canadian Association of Fringe Festivals (CAFF). Our principles are based on CAFF’s guiding principles:
- Participation in the MMFF is on a non-juried basis through the lottery process.
- Audiences pay a ticket price, 100% of which goes directly to the artists.
- MMFF does not control the artistic content of each performance.
- Fringe Festivals must provide an easily accessible opportunity for all audiences and all artists to participate in Fringe Festivals.
- MMFF will promote and model inclusivity, diversity and multiculturalism, and will endeavor to incorporate them into all aspects of our fringe festival.
Want to support the Mississauga Multilingual Fringe Festival (MMFF)?
- Donate to the MMFF.
- Sponsor the MMFF. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for details
- Volunteer at the MMFF.
- Purchase merchandise from the MMFF. Pictures and Merchandize coming soon !!!
Email us at email@example.com